Between u& me

well.....sugar ,spice & At times a little naughty but nice.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Beauty.....beauty.....BeAuTy......bEaUtY......

What is beauty?
Yes we all love things beautiful & all things that make us feel beautiful.
But hold on aren’t we missing a point?
The other face of beauty lies in the fact that we all are already beautiful.

But what is this elusive quality called beauty?

Beauty…….
Is it just the face?
Or is it just the mind?
Is it about frills & lace?
Or is it in you what others find?
Is it about what your heart can keep?
Or is it that which attracts & gets you accolades
Is it just skin deep?
Or is it what the heart –soul & mind exude?
Is it that without which we weep?
Or is it something we unknowingly- unconsciously seek???

“Seriously what is beauty?”
Look at the answers I got from various people…..

“Rising above the ordinary, being able to smile through adversity, meeting challenges- all signs of real beauty & strength.”

“Beauty lies in the ability to take a chance…….because when you take a chance your putting something at risk & most importantly projecting your inner self by being no one but “you”.
Being “you” is what makes you strong & beautiful. The most essential quality of a beautiful person is to be yourself-deeply & totally.
Never disfiguring yourself in the name of beauty.” Counselor in school

“Outer beauty is something you are born with, inner beauty is something you can gift yourself!” - Richa.C

“I value inner beauty, you may not be able to see it……..but you can surely ‘Feel It’.
A person with inner beauty always touches the lives of people around him/her.
Inner beauty also lies in inner strength that comes from courage of conviction, a spirit that refuses to get flattened out by ups & downs of life & most importantly UNCONDITIONAL FAITH IN GOD!”
My MOM said the last long quote…….and you know what she added that all these qualities she can see in my DAD…….Indirectly she just expressed how much she loves him & thinks that he is the most beautiful person.

But the question remains still the same for me…..
What is the true form of beauty when you say the word beauty which is that first vision that crosses your mind?

Ever thought of it?

Read on………..

The First time I read ‘Beauty & the Beast’
The story of a girl who over runs her castle fantasies
To turn into a delectable feast….
Ever since then, I wondered “what is Beauty? Who is she?”
Where can I find it & where will it be?

The more I searched it remained unknown-unknowable
I was convinced; beauty is beyond thought or reach-
Beauty is INESTIMABLE…..

But then my eyes fell upon my mother,
Whose eyes exude peace & lips mouth a silent prayer
Battling the odds of life & all its bad weather
She still walks around in monotone composure

I watch her clad in vaporous flesh tones of beige & pink
& remember how she never let into our lives defeat penetrate or sink

Yes, a mother is beauty & with me you will agree
For it’s a mother who helps you meet challenges & smile through adversity
Its her love that helps you rise above ordinary….

A mother is time, space & causation,
She is the depth of all feelings & emotions

A mother is like the calm sea- ABSOLUTE
Yet when her sea has turbulent waves,
She conquers them with her everlasting PURSUIT.

A mother extends her strength & support,
To help you move ahead & give you a start
She shows you the path & helps you follow your heart.

A mother is beauty, with me, will agree all humanity
For she gives life a new dimension, as her love belongs to a different category!

Yes the vision that crosses my mind everytime someone says Beauty its my moms soft loving face……

I Dedicate the above poem to my Mom & to all the mothers in the world,……who exude & exhibit true beauty………besides who also give the answer t the most elusive question-
“what is true Beauty?”


I Love You MOM! I REALLY DO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home