about the trip....
A trip to CHENNAI
On 19th of February 2007 I left for Chennai, I don’t exactly know why I went there for a vacation, for a change or to rediscover myself & my moms childhood days her cousins about whom I had heard an umpteen number of times …..etc
Anyways here are 2 poems I wrote once I came back from Chennai, based on things that inspired me most…..a little drama, a little reality & a little bit of everything….LOLS! Actually I lost out on words….so just read the poems….
Candy Floss In The Sky
As I embarked on a journey one Monday morning,
Acting all so Sophisticated, Demure & Coy….
My cell phone rang & displayed ‘Mom Calling’;
I received only to hear, “Love U baby take care & ENJOY!”
I on the other end smilingly replied-
“Thanks Mom-Good Bye”
& submerged myself into the perplexities of life,of all the questions-
‘The WHATS & The WHYS’
Then all of a sudden the twins next 2 me,
Jumped with joy, happiness & glee…
“Candy floss!”
“Mommy look so big candy!”
I turned in the direction she was pointing
& my smile widened & kept on growing….
The kids just showed me the art of seeing things invisible,
To feel & experience things totally intangible….
As my eyes fall upon crimson-white balls of cotton
I unknowingly walked into the world I had long forgotten…
Shapeless yet firm candy of cotton
Hung loosely between earth & heaven
& to a new world my eyes slowly awakened….
Surprisingly it was because of two kids between five & seven…
Outside the airplane window lay an ocean of clouds all around…
While beside me two babies gapped at a vision they had found….
In these deep blue skies I realized-
Every newday a door is opening
A new story is awaiting a narration ,an anecdote is waiting to be summerised
“no its an iceberg” the other kid screams
so I chipped in “well, it could be a layer of milk & cream”
They look at me in amazement & slowly include me in their mindless banter
I smile, laugh & giggle; as in their kiddish voice I to chatter
We discuss how one cloud looks like a rabbit with white fur
& the next a Persian cat who silently purrs…..
In this two hour flight I roamed in a field of candy floss…
As 2 kids helped me shed my fears & my inhibitions went for a toss!
The plane slowly descended & the toddlers ran out excitedly,
Then looked up at the sky
& hugged me to say a final “Goodbye”
I bent down & said “love u babies, take care & enjoy”
As I walked towards the exit
I felt a spring in my walk,as within me arose a COOL NEW SPIRIT
“hello mom guess what?
I just grew up”
The Days were PINK!!!!
Reminiscing MARINA & The Beautiful Face
Love,Respect & prayers abound
To a beautiful face; Pretty & round.
Complete with eyes as deep as the sea
With a heart as humble as humble could be!
Amidst the chirping of birds & other natures sounds,
Standing on the shore as waves leap all around.
There is a deep impact she has on my mind
This beautiful face so gentle-so kind.
As she walked with me along the shoreline
I feel I am walking with someone who is totally mine
Its just been a few days since we met
& on my rendezvous the sun has begun to set.
When the waves reach the sun taking big leaps,
My hear inwardly begins to weep
From this beautiful face I have to part ways.
Oh she is so gentle so caring-why do I have to go away?
A simple thanks can never suffice,
For all the love & care that goes beyond cost & price.
Well whatever be it things will never be the same,
B’coz in my heart she will always Remain….
Touching my life in a way,…
To her there is only one thing I want to say…..
“PINKY AUNTY –“I LOVE YOU!”

1 Comments:
CHANGE- tats wat u've depicted here.. the clouds are the foremost examples which teach us to move on in life irrespective of the situation we are in...
n seriously.. this is one of the best blogs i've read...
Post a Comment
<< Home