Between u& me

well.....sugar ,spice & At times a little naughty but nice.

Monday, October 11, 2010

The Last Look

The day has finally arrived.....finally my wedding day
the day i will go away.....
away from the people who were always at each step by my side
in whom each & everything i would confide....

The ring on my hand exchanged a few days ago
tells me time in your maika has come 2 an end its time to go

I look at my reflection
my head covered in a veil of embroidered net
my dress just so perfect
bedecked i stand in glittering gold
looking beautiful yet bold
hair all set in a neat tight bun
the maang tikka shining with the rays of the sun

my eyes turn moist with the thought of separation
I look at the new horizon that talks of a new unification
as talks of trust & commitment linger around
i hope that it is true love that keep him & me forever bound

Soon they come with the papers & ask me the eternal "kabool hain?" question
I glance at the room swallow hard "Kabool hain, Kabool hain, Kabool hain!" I say in a confident fashion.
I know i just opened a new gate...
& thus i sign on the Nikahnama & seal my fate.....

the Nikah is complete cheers in the air....
slowly i walk to my groom ,to seated next to his chair....
I glance around the hall
& watch people having a ball
I search among them just for me who all came
so many thoughts flood my mind, as after this day nothing will be the same
as each one walks up-to me greets & goes away
I smile, talk but i really don't know what I say

As time approaches for the bidaai.....the final goodbye
My tears i push back....so hard I try
my fathers hand i hold tight
as my mother kisses the cheek on the right
my sister cries making me lose my composure
my brother hugs me not knowing what to say under this press

To my husband my dad gives my hand
& as he holds it & takes me with him in his world away.....
I depart knowing i have come a long long way.......

2 Comments:

Blogger Abuzer said...

The story of a bride..!! mesmerizing.. :)

12:29 AM  
Blogger Abuzer said...

I see u've still used some native words..Hmmmm..!!

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home