ANIQA NAGLEKAR SHAIKH
Ever since I can remember I am so used to introducing myself as ANIQA NAGLEKAR. But when you get married you go through a phase of identity crisis......the crisis of shifting from being a NAGLEKAR to a SHAIKH!
Somehow I felt I lost the hold I had over myself, While passing my time away at Changi Airport I happily changed my name on FACEBOOK from:- Aniqa Naglekar to Aniqa Naglekar Shaikh. But somewhere in my Heart I felt like a part capsized, collapsed retracted with pain. Maybe that's why I still kept the Naglekar in my name.
I never....ever liked the surname SHAIKH.....it sounds Fake....(SORRY hubby dear if u ever read this) .....i loved NAGLEKAR.....wow my whole identity.... it made me feel like i have wazan in my name.....ANIQA SHAIKH....kitna funny & disturbing to my ears......aisa kyun hota hain.....that what u run away from comes running behind u?
BUT then a woman's life is made such.....all said & done I am Mrs. Shaikh today!
Which i realized while waiting my turn at the sonoscan center, to see the developments of my 6 week old foetus....i remember i couldn't stop vomiting....thanks to morning sickness....& the initial months of pregnancy.....Mrs. Shaikh....aap andar jao....pehle jao.....I still didnt budge or react then my ma-in -law said "Aniqa woh aap se mukhatib hain, jawaab dijiye aur andar jao!"
For that matter every little form I filled after that i wrote Aniqa Na then scratched the Na & wrote Shaikh....
I don't know if everyone goes through this phase post marriage, but i surely did go through an initial phase of discomfort. For that matter one and a half year since & one baby later i still am coming to terms with my new identity......Good Morning - Aniqa Aijaz Ahmed Shaikh!

2 Comments:
Changes - a part and parcel of life..!! No matter what.. one day one has to accept it.. by hook or by crook.!! :)
yeah and Good Morning Mrs Aniqa Aijaz Ahmed Shaikh!
The Mrs is IMP here :)
Post a Comment
<< Home