My Alibi
For MY Apa..... this poem is dedicated to you Apa......these are my feelings penned down on 3rd January 2008.
MY ALIBI
I Patiently wait as the bride & groom depart
& wish them all joy'n'love for the new life they are to start.
I stand upright with all my might,
Smiling & laughing as the happy couple passes out of sight.
Slowly then, the pang of separation spreads
Giving shape to innumerable feelings in my head.
The pain of separation gazes through the night
yet I know what happened today is perfect & right.
As the silence of the night deepens from Star to Star,
I feel the distance between me gets further & far.
I'll never know how to thank her for all she did,
she was with me at each step even as a kid.
She even did those little things-like saving an extra toffee
&I'll miss her froth filled aromatic Coffee.
As days pass around I'll find a way,
But her importance will surely stay.
& I Know that despite this new settlement of relation
She will remain MY ALIBI, My Punching Bag, MY SISTER besides this separation!

1 Comments:
so shweet.. :) i had similar feelings too.. n yeah i love my sis despite anything..!! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home